Empowerment Clubhouse Menu:
What is Empowerment Clubhouse?
Empowerment Clubhouse is a recovery-oriented, strengths-based community mental health organization serving individuals recovering from mental illness and associated traumatic and psychosocial stressors.
Joining Empowerment Clubhouse is entirely voluntary, free, and available to any Marin County resident over 18 years of age living with a diagnosed mental health disorder.
To offer a safe and restorative community where individuals working toward mental health recovery become empowered through meaningful work and supportive relationships.
The Clubhouse Model
Empowerment Clubhouse is a member of Clubhouse International, an organization that supports over 350 Clubhouses globally. Empowerment Clubhouse is structured based on the Clubhouse Model, which is included in the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration’s (SAMHSA) National Registry of Evidence-Based Practices and Programs.
Empowerment Clubhouse adheres to the 37 Quality Standards set forth by Clubhouse International.
How the Clubhouse Works:
- Participants identify as members, and share ownership and responsibility for the successful operation of all aspects of the Clubhouse.
- Members work and socialize in a unique partnership with a small staff, building on their inherent strengths and talents instead of focusing on symptoms and limitations.
- Recovery is achieved through work and work-mediated relationships, which are proven to provide a foundation for growth and individual achievement.
Why Join the Empowerment Clubhouse?
- Members are empowered to take control of their own recovery process.
- Members gain confidence, self-efficacy, and purpose by working side-by-side with staff to accomplish the day-to-day operations of the Clubhouse.
- Members participate in social and recreational activities and develop lasting relationships.
- Members learn business, clerical, maintenance, gardening, and culinary skills.
Who is Eligible for Membership?
- Must have a diagnosed mental health challenge.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to interact peacefully with others.