Construction Trades Program
“The construction market in California continues to be white hot and extremely active in multiple sectors,” says Rich Henry, president of the Northern Pacific region for McCarthy Building Companies in 2018. This means construction jobs are growing rapidly in the Bay Area. Through our 10-week training program, you can get a living wage job in construction earning from $20 to $30 an hour soon after you graduate. Join our FREE, 10-Week Construction Trades Program and become part of the Bay Area construction boom and even more self-sufficient!
Contact: Blia Xiong, Human Resources Operations Director
Telephone: (415) 339-2837
CONSTRUCTION TRADES PROGRAM DETAILS
Fast Track to Booming Industry
The construction industry is booming, and experts expect growth to continue. The Bureau of Labor Statistics and a report from Timetric’s Construction Intelligence Center (CIC), project the Bay Area construction industry to be one of the fastest growing industries into 2020.
There is currently a skilled labor shortage in the construction industry. But with increased work, the construction industry will have a higher employment rate than the overall economy. Construction has a 4.5% projected growth rate over the next several years, making construction staffing the leading industry in wage and employment growth. Register to take our 10-week class today.
You must be 18 years old, have a valid California Drivers license, be drug-free, and be motivated to join a fast-paced industry. Graduation from high school is not required. Starting salaries range from $35,000 to $70,000 per year depending on your on-the-job performance.
Our Construction Trades Pre-Apprenticeship Program is free to Marin County residents. Our construction job placement rate is about 80%! We help our graduates get and retain higher paying construction jobs in the Bay Area's booming construction market.
Class size is limited to 20 participants. Register today!
Construction Trades Advantages
- There’s good job security. In case you haven’t heard, there’s a major shortage of skilled workers in the trades. Everyone from residential contractors to commercial construction companies are looking for people that are willing to learn and work hard. In fact, there are projections that job openings and the need for skilled workers will continue to grow.
- You are providing a real solution to a real human need with your work. Skilled tradespersons build the places we work in, the homes we live and play in, the roads we commute on, and more.
- You can earn a living wage. Though you may start at $18 to $20 per hour, in short time many construction jobs lead to $50,000 to $80,000 per year in the Bay Area.
- You can stay fit, active, and healthy. Sitting all day is bad for your health (some people say, really bad for your health). Our bodies were designed to move: to run, walk, bend, lift, and stretch. Construction work is active—just be safe and watch out for hazards.
- You do not need a high school or college degree. Our CTP Program is free. You do not need to go into debt or get student loans.
- With our Construction Trades Program, you get a certificate in 10 weeks. Our CTP pre-apprenticeship program leads to direct entry into the Laborers Union with over 400 hours towards your journeyman level where you can learn on the job and work your way up from there.
- You get to build good things. Construction work allows you to build something tangible and see the direct result of your work.