Want to buy or rent an affordable home?
Prepare to buy or rent an affordable home by strengthening your personal finances, credit score, debt and money management by joining our workshop.
By the end of this coaching series, you will learn:
- How to purchase a 'Below Market Rate' house in Marin City and Marin County.
- How to improve your credit score.
- Strategies to avoid and reduce debt.
- How to prepare your application for the Marin County Housing Authority 'Below Market Rate' Program.
- How to qualify for Marin County Housing Authority's Section 8 Homebuyers Eligibility and the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program.
Our Affordable Housing and Homebuyer Readiness Program is a financial coaching series designed to help individuals and families overcome financial obstacles, learn how to set practical financial goals, and devise a plan to reach them. The Affordable Housing and Homebuyer Readiness Program is open to the public.
The Workshop includes:
- All Three Financial Literacy Workshops.
- One-on-One Credit Counseling and Credit Reports.
- A binder with workshop materials, supplemental activities, and resources.
Our 'Affordable Housing Program' does not provide the HUD-approved 'Homebuyer Education Certificate' required for the Marin Housing Authority Below Market Rate (BMR) Program Application.
However, we will prepare you for this course and guide you through the steps required to find a lender and complete the paperwork to secure a pre-approval home loan.
BMR Applicants who live or work in Marin City will receive a priority in Marin City lottery drawings for BMR units in Marin City.