COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Position: Vocational Counselor
Status: Full-Time or Part-time
Hours: 32 to 40 Hours/Week
Under the general supervision of the Director of Programs, the Vocational Counselor is responsible for providing services that help our clients to obtain the necessary education, vocational skills, work attitudes and aptitudes to secure permanent employment. She/he will meet regularly with the Program Team to communicate information related to the client’s vocational status and recommendations. The Vocational Counselor will conduct assessments of client interests, aptitudes, and skills, develop action/recommendation plans and individual services plans (ISPs) for participants, develop and maintain employer/partner contacts and relationships, provide preparation for job searches, input and evaluate data collected.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Intake, assess and manage cases to facilitate a return of the client to high-level productivity and maximum physical and mental improvement in an efficient cost effective, caring and timely manner.
- Thoroughly assess the physical, behavioral, vocational, and social areas that may adversely affect the client’s ability to achieve success on-the-job and work with the client to remove identified barriers and limitations to higher performance.
- Work closely with the client and social services providers to achieve timely treatment planning, implementation, and follow through.
- Establish a professional rapport with the client, family members, employer, attorney, social services providers and referral agencies to produce creative and cost effective solutions to achieve maximum job performance, recovery and return to work.
- Propose a cost effective rehabilitation plan to the referral source.
- Coordinate and implement the approved plan to successful completion.
- Ability to function independently with flexibility in a team setting.
- Assist in case supervisions.
- Report to the MCCDC state agency and referral sources in writing and verbally on a consistent, timely basis.
- Assist clients in developing realistic short and long-term vocational goals.
- Administer and interpret vocational and interest tests to establish clients' achievements, interests and aptitudes.
- Present compiled vocational data to treatment/ intervention staff and participate in team meetings that support the development and progress of the client.
- Conduct discussion groups for clients and residents providing vocational awareness techniques for handling work situations and job seeking skill preparation.
- Maintain up-to-date progress charts including individual and group notes; develop and maintain good charting skills.
- Interface with department supervisors to coordinate job functions and situational assessment performance appraisals.
- Provide job coaching and workforce adjustment services.
- Prepare all necessary proposals and reports.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and case conferences.
- Attend all required in-service training seminars.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Report writing and case management filing.
REQUIREMENTS: (Education/Training and Experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or Workforce Development Case Management with at least 2 years related work experience preferred, but not required.
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) designation and Certification in Rehabilitation Counseling (CRC) preferred, but not required.
- At least two years of college in a relevant field (counseling, psychology, sociology, etc.) or 2-4 years equivalent Rehabilitation Counseling or Workforce Development Case Management experience. Candidates lacking this credential must be able to obtain this minimum standard during the six (6) month introductory employment probationary period.
- Prior experience with return to work focus, workforce development, and/or experience in rehabilitation, utilization review or case management.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, exhibit flexibility, resourcefulness, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently and productively in a team to meet deadlines and program objectives.
- Experience in coordinating projects independently.
- Ability to form and maintain positive working relationships with clients, supervisor, co-workers, community agencies, employers, stakeholders, partners and program participants.
- Superior assessment, problem solving, and relationship management skills.
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
- Comfortable working within internet based, proprietary software: (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with clients, partners, stakeholders, attorneys, claims personnel, employers, other counselors and medical providers.
- A valid state driver’s license, a positive driving record and proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage are required to be maintained at all times for this position.
- Must pass a TB and Drug Test.
- Must pass a Background, Criminal, Employment and Reference Check.
$30,000-$40,000 or negotiable based on experience and qualifications
Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits with optional 401K retirement plan and flexible spending account plan.
Please send your resume, cover letter, salary history, credentials and professional references to be considered for the MCCDC Program Manager position to:
Marin City Community Development Corporation
Attn: Blia Xiong, HR/Operations Director
441 Drake Avenue
Marin City, CA 94965