MCCDC Building History

Our Mission

MARIN CITY

COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION

The Marin City Community Development Corporation (MCCDC) has more than 37 years of expertise providing workforce, housing, and asset building services. As a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization the mission of MCCDC is to promote the economic wellbeing of members of the Marin City community. Recognizing the power of community support for its residents, we advocate for full employment and economic self-sufficiency through building skills and creating income generating programs. As a business oriented organization, we make available asset development programs to assist members in improving their present economic condition.


​​MCCDC is committed to increasing the earnings and skills of unemployed or underemployed residents of Marin County and connecting them to viable careers. We provide comprehensive and innovative services for people in the community, including: intake, assessment, work readiness training, job preparation, placement, and retention services. MCCDC ensures successful transition into the workplace and provides quality job matches for our employer partners. Our services lead to the client’s independence, wellbeing and long term economic self-sufficiency. 

About Us

MCCDC's mission is to promote the economic wellbeing of members of the Marin City community. Recognizing the power of community support for its residents, we advocate for full employment and economic self-sufficiency through building skills and creating income generating programs. As a business oriented organization, we make available asset development programs to assist members in improving their present economic condition.

Lumber magnate Chandler Burgess built our 5,500-square-foot mansion, located at 441 Drake Avenue in Marin City, California which is now the home of the Marin City Community Development Corporation headquarters. In 1907, after the original 1870 home on the site was destroyed in the 1906 earthquake, Mr. Burgess rebuilt the current mansion. The carriage house in the rear of the mansion survived the earthquake and has been slightly restructured. The home included many extravagant features, including cut glass from the 1915 Pan Pacific Exposition, a built-in pipe organ flanked by stained-glass windows, exotic wood inlaid floors, several fireplaces, and gorgeous wood paneling. Purchased in 2011, our lovely headquarters provides great ongoing use support of our corporation’s mission and enhances the delivery of community empowerment services.